Sunday, May 13, 2007

Second Chances--sunday scribblings

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood"

"Grower older is mandatory, growing up is optional"

These are the quotes that came to mind when I saw the Sunday Scribblings prompt. It took a more than a day to find them in my over packed brain, but as I enjoyed my tranquil sunshine filled bike ride this morning, I realize that right now I am enjoying a second chance at childhood.

I was one of many who never really had a happy childhood, it was packed with worry and fear and not much time for fun. I grew into a busy worker bee adult, and anxiety and the need to prove myself consumed much of my time. Somewhere along the way, I picked up some hobbies I never had as a child--bike riding, attempting to learn the piano, and two years ago, I got my very first dog, who is the best friend I have ever had. Reminding myself daily to take some time to have fun and be carefree has enriched my life immensely and fills me with inner peace.

So to those of you filled with worry and to much to do, remember to find you inner child, and go play in the sunshine. And to all the parents out there, bring your children out to play with you too.

4 comments:

GoGo said...

I second that one.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Very true - I was a very serious child and adolescent, I'm so glad that I eventually learnt how to have fun!

Regina said...

Thank you for this lovely reminder- we do forget that we have access to that inner child at any moment!

Frances D said...

I so want to finally learn to ride a bike too.
Bravo!
Frances
http://blogforth.com